Helambu trek in Langtang region is the perfect blend of cultural exploration with natural sceneries; the short and easy family trekking at short distance from Kathmandu valley. Walk through the beautiful rhododendron and bamboo forested lands along side rivers, waterfalls, mountain ridges, stone steps, water dams, cross various Tamang & Sherpa villages and witness the panorama of white snow capped mountains in the regions during this one of a king Helambu Trekking.
Helambu trek starts after your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport followed by cultural sightseeing around UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Initially we drive towards Sundarijal, ascend several stone steps through beautiful landscapes entering Shivapuri National Park. Blossoming rhododendron around national park during spring season are an added attraction of this trip. Further the trail continues passing through beautiful culturally and naturally affluent villages, landscapes and settlements like Chisopani, Kutomsang, Thaadepati, Sermathan and finally at Melammchi Pool Bazar. Visit to several monasteries, interacting with local ethnic groups brings the authentic culture, tradition and lifetstyle infront of us. Trekking at Helambu region also exhibits the spectacular views of Himalayas like Langtang Lirung, Jugal Himal, Dorje Lakhpa, Nayagang Himal and Ganesh Himal etc.
Helambu is short and easy trekking holiday near Kathmandu valley which doesn’t requires high level of fitness level and can be joined by every member of family without any type of risks involved. Join Helambu trekking with us and embrace the best of authentic Sherpa, Tamang culture along awesome views of Himalayas near Kathmandu valley in short
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,338 m/4,390 ft)
- Day 02: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300m), 4 hrs
- Day 03: Trek from Chisapani to Kutumsang (2446m), 5 hrs
- Day 04: Trek from Kutumsang to Tharipati (3650m), 5 hrs
- Day 05: Trek from Tharipati to Tarkeghyang (2743m), 5 hrs
- Day 06: Trek from Tarkeghyang to Shermathang (2621m), 4 hrs
- Day 07: Trek from Shermathang to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m), 5 hrs
- Day 08: Drive back to Kathmandu 5-6 hours
- Day 09: Final Departure