“Go for Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek and travel around the popular Everest region of Nepal.”
Trekking around Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri indulges you its beauty while walking through exciting valleys, crystal clear turquoise lakes, Nepal’s biggest Ngozumpa Glacier and witnessing phenomenal views of snowcapped mountain peaks including Mt. Everest while summiting Gokyo Ri at an altitude of 2330 meters. Trek through stunning Gokyo valley in Everest region and don’t miss this opportunity to view magical display around Everest in comfortable way without considerable amount of effort.
After your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, a cultural sightseeing tour awaits you as we let you explore and observe the iconic heritage sites in the capital city. Very next day, we board a short domestic flight to Lukla airstrip followed by a trek to Phakding. Continuing on we arrive at Namche Bazaar, the gateway to Everest region and pass through Dole, Macchermo and Gokyo in couple of days. During our trek, we get an insight into the exquisite culture, tradition and lifestyle of the local Sherpa people. As we head further along witnessing the magnificence of Nepal’s biggest glacier formation, Ngozumpa Glacier we arrive at Gokyo, the magical place at the lap of mountains and glacial lakes. We will be viewing four eight thousand Mt. Makalu (8,485m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,188m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m) and mighty Mt. Everest (8,848m) all at single go which is another major specialty of Go for this walk. After experiencing heavenly trekking on earth around Everest region of Nepal Himalayas, we trace back our steps to Lukla and return Kathmandu city by air.
We recommend Spring and Autumn seasons as the best seasons for doing this trek but if you wish, you can even do it any time of the year. However, a proper combination of physical and mental fitness level is required in high amount to complete the trek. Contact us for further inquiries to go on this starting trek for a great trekking experience.
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Lukla - Phakding (2652m) 3 Hrs
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m) 6 Hrs
- Day 04: Acclimatization day in Namche bazaar – Hike to Everest view hotel (3900m) 3-4 hours
- Day 05: Trek to Dole (4200m) 5 Hrs
- Day 06: Trek to Machhermo (4400m) 5 Hrs. Overnight at guest house
- Day 07: Trek to Gokyo Lake (4700m) 4 Hrs
- Day 08: Hike to Gokyo RI – Trek back to Dole (5360m) 4 Hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Namche Bazar (4200m) 5 Hrs
- Day 10: Namche Bazaar - Lukla: 6 - 8 hrs
- Day 11: Fly to Kathmandu (1310m) 30 Min.
- Day 12: Leisure day in Kathmandu, in case of bad weather in the mountain.
- Day 13: Final Departure from Nepal to your onward destination. “Farewell”