“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
Ganja La Pass Trek is considered as one of the challenging walk around the Langtang region that lets us capture the best of nature and adventure. With the mix flavor of tea house and tented camping trekking, it is an opportunity to experience magical views of Himalayan peaks passing through beautiful lush green forests of rhododendron that blossoms during spring time, get insight into Tibetan influenced local culture, tradition and lifestyle.
Journey to Ganja la pass initiates after your arrival at Tribhuvan International airport followed by sightseeing around culturally and architecturally affluent capital city of Kathmandu. We drive through Kathmandu to starting point of our trek, Syabrubesi then the trekking trail follows the route to Lama Hotel, Langtang village, Kyanjin Gompla, passing Ganja la pass at an altitude of 5,200 meters, descend to Dukpu, Tarkeghyang, Shermanthang, Melamchi Pool Bazaar and finally drive back to Kathmandu. During our nights in Ngegang, Keldang and Dukpu we will be setting up tented camps. On other places, it will be guest house accommodation. Get yourself immersed in spectacular eye-catching views of snowcapped mountains like Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Gaurishanker, Dorje Lakpa and other neighboring peaks. Visit to numerous monasteries and awe-inspiring views makes Ganja la pass trekking unique adventure around Langtang region.
In simple terms, this trek is a strenuous and enduring adventure which will require you to be fit and able to cope with nature in tented camps at high altitude. It is recommended to start regular cardio vascular exercise and fitness routine before embarking on this trip. However, if you are looking for easy and short trek in Langtang region with cultural insights and Himalayan views in go through our Langtang Valley trek.
If you have any inquiries, suggestions or want to tailor made the itinerary, let us know, we make sure you will have the best of trekking experience in Nepal.
- Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival and transfer to the hotel 3 star category
- Day 02: Drive Kathmandu – Syaprubesi by local bus 7 to 8 hours
- Day 03: Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel (2450 mtr) 5 to 6 hours trek
- Day 04: Lama Hotel – Langtang (3450 mtr) 5 to 6 hours trek
- Day 05: Langtang – Kyangin Gompa (3890 mtr) 4 hours trek and climb to Kyanjin Ri (4770 mtr)
- Day 06: Kyangin Gompa – Phedi (4200 mtr) full camping (5 hours trek)
- Day 07: Phedi – Ganja la top (5100 mtr) full camping (5 hours trek)
- Day 08: Ganjala pass (5130 mtr) to Dhukpa (4040 mtr) full camping trek (8 hours trek)
- Day 09: Dukpa to Tarke Ghang ( 8 hours trek) stay at tea house
- Day 10: Tarke ghang to Sermanthang (5 hours trek) stay at tea house
- Day 11: Sermangthang to Kakani (5 hours trek) stay at tea house
- Day 12: Kakani to Melamchi pul bazar (5 hours trek) stay at lodge
- Day 13: Melamchi to Kathmandu by local bus (4 hours)
- Day 14: Transfer to International Airport